Offering an extensive product line that spans medical devices, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, we serve healthcare needs in hospitals, long-term care and alternate care facilities, doctors’ offices and in the home.
Covidien is part of the local fabric of the communities where they operate. Deriving more than 40% of our sales from outside the United States, Covidien’s success wouldn’t be possible without the dedication of our 42,000 employees, who live in more than 60 countries. Nearly two-thirds of our colleagues work in 58 manufacturing facilities located in 16 countries. In addition, more than 5,000 sales representatives in more than 60 countries meet our customers’ needs every day.
Covidien began work with Nastel in June 2010. They needed the following capabilities:
- A real-time view into WMQ status including WMQ transactions
- Ensure that orders could be processed in a timely manner as w/o visibility problems would occur, go unnoticed and resolution would be costly and take a long time
- Ensure that orders could be processed in a timely manner as w/o visibility problems would occur, go unnoticed and resolution would be both costly and lengthy
- Now aware of issues in advance of user impact so they can be proactive instead of reactive.
- This prevents the end user from having to notice a problem, be impacted and call the service desk as opposed to fixing the problem before the user suffers any pain.
- Hardware: IBM System i
- Operating system(s): i5/OS
- Database: DB2
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- IBM WebSphere MQ