Apple debuts Core ML 3 with on-device machine learning
Apple today introduced Core ML 3, the latest iteration of its machine learning model framework for iOS developers bringing machine intelligence to smartphone apps. Core ML 3 will for the first time be able to provide training for on-device machine learning to deliver personalized experiences with iOS apps. The ability to train multiple models with different data sets will also be part of a new Create ML app on macOS for applications like object detection and identifying sounds.
Apple’s machine learning framework will be able to support more than 100 model layer types.
On-device machine learning is growing in popularity as a way to deploy quickly on the edge and respect privacy. Solutions for popular frameworks like Google’s TensorFlow and Facebook’s PyTorch to supply on-device machine learning through approaches like federated learning arrived in recent months.
Today’s news was announced at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) being held this week in San Jose, California.
VentureBeat has reached out to an Apple spokesperson for more details about Core ML 3, and we will update this story as they become available.
Also announced today: watchOS 6 with Voice Memos and menstrual cycle tracking, iOS 13 with more expressive Siri and personalized results with Apple’s Home Pod, a modular Mac on wheels, and the ability to control Apple tvOS with PlayStation and Xbox controllers.
The Core ML framework is used internally at Apple for things like training Siri, the QuickType keyboard, language learning for the app Memrise, and predictions for the Polarr photo editing app.
This article originally appeared on venturebeat.com To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics