AWS, Microsoft or Google: Which cloud computing giant is growing the fastest?
The cloud giants continue to surge ahead, but as customers get more sophisticated these tech companies will have to change their strategies.
Spending on cloud computing infrastructure continues to grow at a furious pace, but cloud vendors will have to work harder for their profits from now on.
Global cloud infrastructure services market grew 42 percent year-on-year in the first quarter of 2019 with Amazon Web Services (AWS) making the biggest gain in dollar terms with sales up by $2.3 billion (41%) on Q1 2018, according to data from tech analyst firm Canalys. That performance put AWS further ahead of second-placed Microsoft, even though it grew sales by $1.5 billion or 75 percent. Google was the fastest growing of the top three in percentage terms, up 83 percent from $1.2 billion to $2.3 billion.
A market growing at 42 percent year on year (although slightly slower than the 46% growth in Q4 of last year) is pretty remarkable. But according to Canalys, the battle for enterprise customers will intensify this year as the big cloud vendors seek to maintain that growth.
Many businesses have already finished moving easy-to-shift applications to the cloud, and are maturing their approach to cloud computing. This involves moving to multi-cloud and hybrid-IT strategies that aim to use the strengths of different cloud service providers and deployment models, depending on their varying application and data requirements, compliance, cost and performance, the analyst firm said.
This article originally appeared on zdnet.com To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics