How Cloud Governance Can Provide Cost Saving Benefits – Enterprise cloud computing has transformed IT. Cloud computing decreases time-to-market, improves agility by allowing businesses to adapt quickly to changing market demands, and, ultimately, drives down costs.
For many CIOs/CISOs, this raises significant concerns regarding governance:
- Compliance: IT’s visibility as to the location of corporate data and its ability to control access policies
- Auditability: policy enforcement traceability and optimization of license management
- Accountability: the ability to track and control cloud spend by implementing enterprise-wide licensing and departmental chargeback capabilities across all external and internal services used by the organization
- Supportability: enabling provisioning, administration and support for external services that are procured directly from external providers without IT involvement
- Accessibility: implementing roles-based access control and enabling automated provisioning via services catalogs
- Security: enforcing corporate password policies and limiting the proliferation of passwords by employees (and ex-employees) for the use of public cloud services purchased by departmental users
The need for cloud services governance and management
Today’s cloud-enabled CIO understands that taking advantage of cloud services is a matter of serving the business effectively, not working around IT. By leveraging cloud services, firms can help ensure that business operations are not impeded by CIOs..
This article originally appeared on @CloudExpo Journal. To read the full article, click here.