Can DevOps bring together speed, self-service & security?
DevOps – One dictionary definition of the word conjoined is ‘being brought together for a common purpose’. In the all too often disparate worlds of software development and operations, being conjoined can remain an aspiration.
Among the reasons for this, is the question as to whether speed, self-service and security can ever be conjoined for those on the Dev side… and those in Ops.
For developers under pressure to deploy or re-architect applications for the cloud (or multiple clouds) the question of speed, in particular, is vital. Containers and Kubernetes are available… and now the race is on to exploit the scalability and elasticity of the cloud. In the Dev world this is not happening for its own sake, it is happening because it must.
However, DevOps and the cloud are already conjoined.
In many ways it was the Dev teams that led the charge to the cloud. Frustrated as they were with hanging around waiting for resource to be allocated, they decided to self-service. Now we’re at the point where when a new app needs a test environment, it is not expected to take weeks to raise a ticket – the mood music on the Dev side says ‘let’s get this thing out there and get going.’
It is a world where speed and self-service is the new normal and cloud adoption is king — and developers say this is driven by the need to compete.
This article originally appeared on itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics