Facebook alumni forge own paths to big data analytics tools
Startups Interana and Rockset differ in their approaches to providing new query capabilities on fast-arriving big data. Both are led by technologists who started at Facebook.
Software engineers at Facebook forged many of the software types that now comprise big data analytics tools. Hive, Presto, Scuba and other tools were created at Facebook to drive the analytics efforts that fueled the social media platform’s high-powered growth.
Lately, people behind some Facebook analytics efforts have been striking out on their own.
Examples of Facebook veterans on a quest for better big data analytics come by way of Rockset, co-founded by Venkat Venkataramani, and Interana, co-founded by Bobby Johnson.
These vendor executives each held leading data engineering roles at Facebook, and both look to ride recent trends in big data analytics at their new venues. The goal is to provide user-ready tools that allow customers to quickly begin to analyze complex data sets.
For Rockset and Venkataramani, the focus is on serverless search and analytics software that moves diverse data types into a SQL query engine.
Interana’s focus is also on rapid ingestion of diverse data types. But the company’s behavioral discovery and analytics platform uses a times-series database as an engine, while employing graphic tools that create and process queries without using SQL.
Both vendors made product moves in March: Interana introduced Interana V3, with a new graphical query builder, and Rockset formally launched its platform as a cloud service for SQL queries. While Rockset and Interana work on data in open formats like JSON and Kafka, neither company offers its core products as open source software.
This article originally appeared on techtarget.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics