How Cloud Environments Will Evolve During Next Few Years
Many businesses are operating in the cloud to take advantage of the scalability and agility offered in these environments. As more and more organizations make the move, Gartner Research has predicted 80 percent of enterprises will retire their traditional data centers by 2025. Let us repeat: 2025!
However, there’s a new trend emerging that might burst a bubble in Gartner’s bold forecast; it’s called cloud repatriation. A survey from IDC found that 20 percent of IT decision-makers reported they will return on-premises, while 43 percent want to move to an on-prem private cloud, and 37 percent are likely going to move to a hosted private cloud.
What about the public cloud, you ask? Well, many companies are dialing back their investments because they simply didn’t have the in-house expertise to effectively manage the move to public cloud services like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. Companies were surprised to find that costs soared exponentially when it came time to restore, move or access their information. As a result, budgets quickly spiraled out of control and disaster recovery became much costlier than anticipated.
While the different analyst firms duke it out, Oussama El-Hilali, Vice-President of Products at Arcserve, shares his predictions in this eWEEK Data Points article on how enterprises will approach cloud environments over the next couple of years.
This article originally appeared on eWeek.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics