How IoT And Big Data Analytics Can Make Our Food Safer
Big Data and IoT – Access to food is a basic human right, vital for good health and reduction of the risk of diseases. Eating many different foods helps maintain a healthy and interesting diet which, giving the body a range of different nutrients. According to the health and wellness brand, Easy Will Power, if we don’t get enough of the right nutrients, our metabolic processes suffer and our health declines and if we get too much of them, we risk being overweight and at risk of conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
But how often do you wonder where your next meal is coming from, who’s growing it, and whether it’s actually good for you?
We’ve all experienced it – all of a sudden there is a much-publicized recall on a food product, and we are checking our cupboards and refrigerators for those items. How does this happen in this day and age of food inspections and regulations? The truth is, most suppliers (and regulators) cannot effectively track the origins of compromised foods and make isolated recalls.
And this is where IoT and big data analytics come in. As much as they have disrupted other industries for the good – healthcare, supply chain, smart homes and cities, manufacturing – they hold great promise in the food industry too.
This article originally appeared on Forbes.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering tools for Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics