How the current COVID-19 business climate is forcing changes to spending patterns
COVID-19 – Cost companies have a list of priorities that are set each year, and budgets and resources are aligned to these. For most companies the priority list looks something like this:
- New business initiatives (opening new offices/factories, product launches)
- Expansion of existing business initiatives (hiring more staff)
- Governance, risk & compliance (regulatory compliance, reporting & intelligent security)
- Improvements to performance and user experience (cloud migration, optimization)
COVID-19 has slowed down 1&2 for most businesses, and while there is pressure on budgets, all of a sudden 3&4 have moved to the top of the list. While GRC improvements are always “planned “, often having a plan is enough to meet the requirements, so in many cases this is the “can that is kicked down the road”.
However those new products that you were building the new factory for, and those new branch offices, have been pushed off for a year or more, so all of a sudden there is time to implement that SOX reporting improvement process.
With the pressure to make rapid changes to business applications to deal with the massive growth in online business, all of a sudden anything that can improve deployment or streamline how users can work online has become critical. Priorities change, and the impact of the largest pandemic is most people’s lives is that anything that can simplify how e-business is implemented and runs is now the top priority.
Nastel has created a feed with some new information on COVID-19! Click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics