How to Unlock the Full Value From Your Investment in Integration Infrastructure
According to research by Connecting Software, Fortune 1000 firms spend 40% of their IT budget on their Integration Infrastructure. Gartner Group’s John-David Lovelock said: “…digital tech initiatives remain a top strategic business priority for companies, focusing spending on making their infrastructure bulletproof and accommodating increasingly complex hybrid work.” He continues that enterprise software will have the highest growth in 2022, driven by infrastructure software spending to outpace application software spending.
Given this reality, many firms are looking for ways to gain more excellent value from this spending as they seek to meet the demands of their business leaders.
Our clients define value as helping them save money, make money, and drive operational excellence. Ways to achieve this include:
- Securely and quickly delivering high-performing applications
- Ensuring the infrastructure remains available
- Granularly tracking and assuring the flow of processing steps
- Analyzing and acting on the business data within the messages
By prioritizing the flow of information, enterprises can focus on the actual business context that they are delivering for their clients, for example:
- Banks can focus on trade and transaction regulatory compliance
- Retail can focus on order and inventory status
- Manufacturing can focus on critical processes and dependencies to ensure that critical plant-floor applications run at peak performance
While there are different approaches or philosophies and methods to deliver what the business needs, Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M) provides the critical aspects of what ties these disciplines together:
i2M overlaps Monitoring and Observability along with:
- Security management
- Configuration Management
- Message Management
- And Business-Centric Message & Flow Tracking
Enabling users to:
- Solve issues before they escalate to the point of getting noticed by business users
- Ensure that all aspects of application development, testing, and security and performance are running as required
- Deliver unique insight taking into account all points and methods of integration as well as the data itself
- Have the Development, Support, and Operations teams work together seamlessly, reducing time to market from development and time to resolution of failures
At Nastel, our focus is on helping our clients manage their integration infrastructure, unlocking the value that they spend on this critical section of their portfolio. We take the i2M approach, seamlessly combining secure developer self-service, real-time monitoring, alerting, and root-cause fault analysis across on-premise, hybrid cloud, and multi-cloud deployments simplifying this complex business model. We provide both IT message tracing and business transaction tracking, enabling customers to fully unlock the total value from their investment in integration infrastructure.
I’m very interested to hear your thoughts on the i2M approach. Please comment below or contact me directly to discuss it.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics