Nastel’s® AutoPilot® for IBM Event Streams
Nastel’s® AutoPilot® for IBM Event Streams provides operational and transactional monitoring for IBM Event Streams, the open-source stream processing platform developed by IBM using Apache Kafka
The IBM Event Streams platform helps you offer experiences that resonate with customers, in real time.
Based on the open source Apache Kafka project, IBM Event Streams can be faster and simpler to deploy. It’s the ideal platform to build intelligent, responsive applications using existing data to help you become an event-driven enterprise.
Nastel’s® AutoPilot® for IBM Event Streams delivers a single-point-of-truth to track performance, latency, and logs, along with full message auditing and content surveillance capabilities. It provides complete message flow analytics, relating applications to the messages they publish to Kafka, and the applications that subscribe to those messages. Powerful network auto-discovery capabilities are included with matching visualization tools, as seen below. In the Viewlet below, solid lines (edges) represent send-to relationships; dotted lines represent an Acts-On relationship. Each edge has statistics showing average elapsed time and count.
full message auditing
message flow analytics
relating applications to the messages
showing average elapsed time and count
Make Kafka apps faster and more stable by:
– Optimizing Kafka apps
– Identifying latency and performance bottlenecks
– Identifying spots for data loss
Improve quality and help debug apps by:
– Capturing Kafka exceptions
– Enabling easy message capture and profiling
– Generating message flow charts and topology displays
Reduce MTTR (mean time to repair) by:
– Finding problems and bottlenecks
– Generating alerts based on user-defined conditions
– Providing anomaly detection in flows
– Identifying problems, data loss, and latencies
Where is my message?
– Capture messages for problem identification
– Message flow analytics: see the longest and shortest paths
Message Content Analytics
– Extract and summarize relevant business tokens. E.g., payment amounts (max, min, avg, etc.)
Alerts based on business conditions
– SLAs and OLAs
Single-pane-of-glass display for business flows over Kafka infrastructure
Risk management and audit capabilities for relevant business transactions
Nastel’s® AutoPilot® for Apache Kafka also utilizes Kafka internally as an integration technology for data transport.
Auto discovery of end-to-end transactions spanning IBM Event Streams and other technologies such as Kafka and IBM MQ
Parsing of IBM Event Streams messages which are tokenized and utilized for analytics and transaction stitching
SLA Monitoring, Analytics and Reporting
Deep-dive monitoring of composite application components that include IBM Event Streams and Kafka
Proactive alerting and reduction in false alarms