The Benefits of Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
Application performance monitoring (APM) is the primary source of guidance when it comes to managing application performance and ensuring availability to end users.
With the right APM solutions and a systematic approach to resolving performance issues, businesses can focus on innovation and strategy while keeping their customers happy.
Here are the key benefits of application performance monitoring.
Enhanced End-User Experience
In today’s highly-competitive marketplace, users expect an outstanding experience every time they use your applications or access your website.
A single application malfunction could easily translate to lost customers. If the problem is not resolved or keeps coming back, your business reputation is at stake.
An effective APM solution helps you identify performance and availability issues before they impact the end-user. The performance data collected also provides insights into how you can improve and maintain user experience and satisfaction.
Increased Sales and Revenue
Businesses, especially those in the e-commerce sector depend on the functionality and the performance of their applications to ensure smooth operation.
This also has an impact on sales, and ultimately the overall business revenue. Regardless of what applications you use, having an APM solution that continuously monitors and diagnoses your application performance is critical.
APM Best Practices
Realizing true application performance monitoring results requires you to implement key APM best practices including:
- Monitoring end-user response time of your applications
- Upping your game in transaction monitoring of your applications
- Monitoring third-party services of your applications
- Monitoring your mobile applications
- Monitoring your cloud applications
Being able to handle performance related issues for critical business applications is one of the most important benefits of end-to-end monitoring.
Deploying application performance management solutions for your business applications helps your business improve the end-user experience which is at the core of your business operations.
This article originally appeared in southfloridareporter.com.
To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering tools for Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics