The Impact of Predictive Analytics in Higher Education
The Impact of Predictive Analytics in Higher Education.
While for many a college degree may be the golden ticket to a better job, this incentive alone isn’t enough to stop millions from dropping out of school or delaying graduation. In fact, some universities are experiencing freshman retention rates as low as 47 percent.
On top of the incredibly high dropout rate, the affordability of college continues to be scrutinized. This has put universities under intense pressure to demonstrate a tangible return on investment for students and their parents. The answer to this predicament is a practice called predictive analytics.
Let’s be clear: predictive analytics is not a new concept. Organizations have been using this practice for decades. However, the education industry is just now understanding how to capitalize this practice in a way that truly defines the college learning experience.
Unlocking its potential.
According to a recent report, learning analytics will be one of the largest emerging fields in education. This is not surprising given that it’s a tool that elevates an impactful component to education, which is personalized learning in the classroom.
Personalized learning is a customized learning style based on the needs of each student, and a practice that has been proven to be successful in the classroom. However, this method also brings a series of instructional challenges that are impossible to manage without appropriate technology, especially in classrooms with large student-to-teacher ratios.
That’s why data and predictive analytics play a pivotal role in developing more personalized learning strategies that boost student engagement and improve student outcomes.
This article originally appeared on Insideindianabusiness.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering tools for Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics