Top 5 benefits of DevOps
Speed, quality, trust, and adaptability are just some of the ways DevOps improve business operations. Tom Merritt lists five benefits of DevOps.
DevOps. You hear about it a lot. It’s supposedly the combination of your developers with your operations, so software development with IT with the promise of making it all better. Lots of people tell you how to do DevOps and many of you probably are already told you’re doing it. Why? Here are five benefits of DevOps.
- Speed. This will usually be the big one. The idea is that if you use some automation for test and review and some streamlined tools, you can ship faster.
- Quality. Like speed, automation benefits you by letting you feel more confident in your product rather than despairing at ever finding all the bugs. Better organizational tools mean more efficiency, which means more time to spend on quality.
- Trust. Since teams are working with each other–rather than isolated from each other–they tend to understand each other better. They know how decisions will affect all teams, not just their own.
- Faster Issue resolution. When you do hit a snag, downtime is less because you have better tools to find the problem and habits of transparency and communication that speed up problem solving.
- Adaptability. The promise of DevOps is that you have a clear system of processes and prioritization that can handle new things better.
DevOps isn’t magical of course. It takes work and the real-life effects may not be quite as rosy as the promise for multiple reasons. But, now at least you understand the promise that led so many to jump on the DevOps bandwagon.
This article originally appeared on techrepublic.com To read the full article and see the images, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- zAdvanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics