Uber Introduces Open Source, Real-Time Analytics Engine
The AresDB analytics engine leverages graphics processing units (GPUs) for growth at scale
Uber is rolling out a new analytics engine. AresDB is an open source, real-time engine that leverages graphics processing units (GPUs) for growth at scale. It’s designed to help unify and simplify Uber’s real-time analytics database solutions.
Key features of AresDB include:
Column-based storage: AresDB stores data in a columnar format and there are two stores, live and archive. The validity of any values within the columns is stored in a separate vector and the validity of the values is represented by one bit.
Real-time ingestion with upsert support: Clients take in data using the ingestion API and posting an upsert batch. This is a specialized format that reduces space needs but still keeps the data randomly accessible. AresDB can identify late records (those older than the pre-set archive cut-off time) and exclude them through the redo log. The late records are added to a backfill queue and the rest to the live store.
GPU powered query processing: AQL language, created by Uber, is necessary to run queries against AresDB. It uses JSON, YAML and Go objects. AresDB can oversee multiple GPU devices with its device management that models GPU resources in two dimensions, GPU threads, and device memory. The database helps users determine how many resources will be necessary to execute a query. As long as a GPU device is capable of providing all the resources required, AresDB can run one or several queries per device.
This article originally appeared on rinsights.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics