What is IBM MQ?
IBM MQ (often called MQ, WebSphere MQ, WMQ or MQSeries) is IBM’s Message Oriented Middleware offering that enables an asynchronous program-to-program communication via queues.
It has been designed to operate largely as a “black-box”, in that it supports unattended operations, and is largely transparent to applications, and runs as multiple background processes. It enables applications to communicate at different times (asynchronous and synchronous) and in many diverse computing environments (cross- platform). It is available on a large number of operating systems like zOS, iSeries, AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows etc., IBM MQ can transport any type of data as messages, enabling businesses to build flexible, reusable architectures such as service-oriented architecture (SOA). It provides a communications layer for visibility and control of the flow of messages and data inside and outside your organization.
IBM MQ provides:
- Versatile messaging integration from mainframe to mobile that provides a single, robust messaging backbone for dynamic heterogeneous environments.
- Message delivery with security-rich features that produce auditable results.
- High-performance message transport to deliver data with improved speed and reliability.
- Communication between programs can be independent of time.
- Communication can be driven by events.
- Work can be carried out by small, self-contained programs that do not necessarily interact with one another.
- Data integrity is built-in – assured one-time delivery of a message.
- Administrative features that simplify messaging management and reduce time spent using complex tools.
- Open standards development tools that support extensibility and business growth.
- An application has a choice of programming interfaces, and programming languages to connect to IBM MQ.
- Messaging and queuing middleware, with several modes of operation: point-to-point; publish/subscribe; file transfer. Applications can publish messages to many subscribers over multicast.
Nastel is the leading provider of monitoring and management for IBM MQ.
To find out what we can do for you please visit i2M Solutions for IBM MQ.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering tools for Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics