Why Security And DevOps Must Coexist
I recently had the pleasure of moderating a lively discussion with security leaders at the SINET Innovation Summit 2019 in New York. The conversation explored one central question: Can security and DevOps coexist?
DevOps is a well-adopted practice that fosters an agile relationship between development and IT operations by advocating better communication and collaboration between these two business units. Every organization represented on the panel (including two of the largest financial services companies) have mature DevOps programs with security baked into their practices.
I’ll provide my own insights on this topic, lay out key takeaways from the discussion and address challenges companies face as they adopt secure DevOps.
Second Place Is The First Loser: Security Works To Win the Race
We have arrived at an inflection point for the modern software development life cycle. The conjoining of the engineering side of many organizations with IT operations has been a necessity in the age of rapid digital transformation.
DevOps, the agile relationship between the two, has led many development and operation groups to excel at swiftly iterating and delivering new software products and updates across devices, applications, networks and more. As an example, Netflix engineers allegedly release code thousands of times every day to stay ahead of fierce competitors like Hulu and Amazon Prime.
A common trait of the organizations represented on the panel is the understanding of — and execution on — the fact that security needs to be inserted into DevOps to ensure that it does not get left behind.
How are they doing so?
This article originally appeared on forbesl.com To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here.
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics