Why You Need DevOps and the Cloud – Two of today’s biggest Tech Trends
DevOps and the cloud are not only two of today’s biggest tech trends, but are inextricably linked.
Research from DORA’s 2018 Accelerate State of DevOps Report and Redgate’s 2019 State of Database DevOps Report outline a clear correlation between cloud and DevOps adoption, with the two working together to contribute to greater business success.
Looking into the link in more detail, research shows that there are four common factors that underpin DevOps and the cloud:
Cultural Openness to Transformation
Adopting DevOps is not just a technical or process change, but one that requires a certain type of culture to be in place. The renowned sociologist Ron Westrum famously categorized business cultures into three groups in his seminal paper A Typology of Organizational Cultures:
- Pathological: Power-oriented, with low co-operation, a culture of shooting messengers bearing bad news and the crushing of novelty.
- Bureaucratic: Rule-oriented, with limited co-operation, a neglect of messengers and a suspicion of novelty.
- Generative: Performance-oriented, with high cooperation, messengers encouraged and a focus on learning from mistakes and embracing novelty.
It’s no coincidence that the two both thrive best in a generative culture that is open to innovation and is focused on collaboration and continual learning and improvement. In fact, the DORA research found that a generative culture correlates with elite performance when it comes to software delivery, and that this group is 1.8 times more likely to recommend their team as a great place to work.
This article originally appeared on Devops.com. To read the full article, click here.
Nastel Technologies uses machine learning to detect anomalies, behavior and sentiment, accelerate decisions, satisfy customers, innovate continuously. To answer business-centric questions and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers, Nastel’s AutoPilot® for Analytics fuses:
- Advanced predictive anomaly detection, Bayesian Classification and other machine learning algorithms
- Raw information handling and analytics speed
- End-to-end business transaction tracking that spans technologies, tiers, and organizations
- Intuitive, easy-to-use data visualizations and dashboards
If you would like to learn more, click here
Nastel Technologies is the global leader in Integration Infrastructure Management (i2M). It helps companies achieve flawless delivery of digital services powered by integration infrastructure by delivering Middleware Management, Monitoring, Tracking, and Analytics to detect anomalies, accelerate decisions, and enable customers to constantly innovate, to answer business-centric questions, and provide actionable guidance for decision-makers. It is particularly focused on IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, Solace, TIBCO EMS, ACE/IIB and also supports RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Blockchain, IOT, DataPower, MFT and many more.
The Nastel i2M Platform provides:
- Secure self-service configuration management with auditing for governance & compliance
- Message management for Application Development, Test, & Support
- Real-time performance monitoring, alerting, and remediation
- Business transaction tracking and IT message tracing
- AIOps and APM
- Automation for CI/CD DevOps
- Analytics for root cause analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Integration with ITSM/SIEM solutions including ServiceNow, Splunk, & AppDynamics